At the beginning of the year we develop a list of things that will continue to help this neighborhood improve. The following are the items identified:
- Embellish our gardens with art and/or sculptures.
- Install “doggy posts” for holding doo-doo clean-up bags along the Turner Boulevard Trail.
- Establish a Strategic Plan for public spaces for artwork and mixed use.
- Install “entrance signs” to LNA neighborhood.
- Perform “Brush Down” efforts in the various parks and green spaces in the neighborhood.
- Encourage the State Department of Roads to clean-up the I-480 corridor, especially the entrance and exit ramps.
- Establish a loose litter clean-up for each block in the neighborhood by means of volunteers adopting their block.
- Re-hang banners on Leavenworth Street.
- Hang flower baskets on the main streets of the neighborhood.
- Install additional playground equipment at Leavenworth Park, including a canopy.
This past year went by fast, it seems, and the success of LNA can be measured in a lot of ways. It is important, however, to establish the above plans as ideas to which we can further direct our energy and resources. Please come to the meetings to assist with the cause!!
Leave a Reply